XP Pro Hangs At Bootup
If you feel uncomfortable with this step, you need help from a local technician to get rid of the problem where Windows XP freezes at startup. But I will try but here it's hampered by I don't get to see all that happens and I can't ask folk to give me a hijackthis log and more.The safe After you've done that then try it. How to add a deep chasm -type hazard to an encounter without save-or-die? http://relite.org/windows-xp/slow-xp-bootup.php
Windows Xp Stuck On Startup Screen
When I restart It repeats the same procedure. An electrical short is often the cause of reboot loops and hard freezes while Windows is starting. Using The REPORT Button BC Forum Rules Malware Removal Logs Forum Am I Infected Forum Before You Post About A Problem Back to top Back to Windows XP Home and Professional Windows Xp Stuck On Windows Is Starting Up Screen ran a full system virus scan (antivir) performed chkdsk with all option checked on all my hard drives.
Thanks in advance, Don Back to top BC AdBot (Login to Remove) BleepingComputer.com Register to remove ads #2 JHMcG JHMcG Members 242 posts OFFLINE Local time:10:00 AM Posted Windows Xp Hangs On Startup After The Windows Logo Shows Perform a Clean Install of Windows. To create a Windows startup disk, insert a floppy disk into the drive of a similarly configured, working Windows XP system, launch My Computer, right-click the floppy disk icon, and select http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/362267-28-windows-freezing-startup Theres one more thing i tried doing..i changed the wire with a new one which connects the hrd disk and the mobo...
by R. Windows Xp Won't Boot Into Safe Mode The necessity and usefulness of registry cleaners is a controversial topic, with experts in disagreement over their benefits. Just press the menu number on the keyboard, and you'll be prompted to enter the Administrator's password. What is "Hammertime" in reference to?
- share|improve this answer answered Dec 3 '10 at 23:00 Resorath 8452917 1 Unfortunately, I am just seeing a black screen now instead of the Windows logo –foochow Jul 16 '14
- Performed another chkdsk /R performed a fixboot performed a fixmbr (I know it has nothing to do with it as windows started to load, but I was desperate ^^) Since I
- This feature will allow you to undo any changes that caused problems in the CurrentControlSet registry key, which defines hardware and driver settings.
- While it might not be common for your computer to get all the way to the Windows startup process with a damaged power supply, it does happen and is worth a
- asked 7 years ago viewed 82646 times active 6 months ago Blog Stack Overflow Podcast #98 - Scott Hanselman Is Better Than Us at Everything Benefits for Developers from San Francisco
- slide 3 of 8 Check The Connections For Peripherals If your computer can't get past the Windows Boot screen to reach the Welcome screen, chances are that other peripherals such as
- If no better what I would do is run memtest on your RAM and see if there are problems there.
- To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
Windows Xp Hangs On Startup After The Windows Logo Shows
Why don't we use weights to store energy? http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-things-you-can-do-when-windows-xp-wont-boot/ If the issue still persists, let us try to find out which device driver is creating problems. Windows Xp Stuck On Startup Screen slide 4 of 8 Fixing the MBR A corrupt MBR can also cause Windows XP to hang at the Welcome screen. Windows Xp Freezes On Startup Desktop This freeze often occurs at the Welcome screen (Fig 1).
The NumLock key also seems functional but the OS is hung. this contact form You should see a list of drivers being loaded instead of the normal Windows logo. Browse other questions tagged windows-xp boot freeze or ask your own question. This blog post is available in PDF format as a TechRepublic Download. Windows Xp Stuck On Welcome Screen
Thanks Bob and allIt is running normal now. Windows Xp Startup Problem This may lead to loss of functionality and/or system instability. or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
I vote for a peek at the Event Logs as the first place to go once the system is back up....assuming of course that you can bring it to that point.
SHOW ME NOW CNET © CBS Interactive Inc. / All Rights Reserved. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. Now I'm there : can't boot in normal mode, can't boot in Safe mode anymore. http://relite.org/windows-xp/re-duplicate-xp-installations-showing-on-bootup.php If you suspect that Windows XP won't boot because the partition boot sector has been corrupted, you can use a special Recovery Console tool called Fixboot to fix it.
How to specify a precondition (LSP) in an interface in C#? Keep in mind that you get only one shot with the Last Known Good Configuration feature. So, if you're an XP user, you may want to wait until you've tried Steps 3 through 6 before giving this a try.